Entertainment, Lifestyle, News, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and most certainly..... Gossip!!!

Tuesday 4 March 2014

What Is Wrong?? Chimamanda Adichie Wants To Be Addressed As Ms., Not Mrs.

 
Chimamnda and husband, Dr Ivara Esaga

Creative writer, Chimamanda Adichie has asked to be addressed as a Ms, and not a Mrs. 

In an interview with Sun Newspaper, Chimamanda told the interviewer who addressed her as Mrs. Chimamanda Adichie, to do away with the title and address simply address her as Chimamanda Adichie.

An excerpt from the interview!

“Before we start (the interview), please, I just want to say that my name is Chimamanda Adichie. That’s how I want it; that’s how I’m addressed, and it is not Mrs but Miss. Ms: that’s how I want it. I am saying this, because I just got a mail from my manager this morning. It seems that there are people who attended the church service, and they wrote about it, addressing me as Mrs. Chimamanda (Esega). I didn’t like that at all. So my name is Chimamanda Adichie, full stop!”

What do you think, is this all part of being more a part of Western dispensation or....?
  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by @natarh_books creation. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © BlogXclusiv | Powered by Blogger

Design by Natarh_Books reation | Blog Controlled by Natar_books